Considering I had been letting the stress and strain of my daily life get the better of me for the last week or so and ignoring this blog completely, it was a fabulous surprise to log back in and find I was nominated for a “One Lovely Blog Award”, as you can see below. While blogging is very much a hobby and really just a little light relief for me, the idea that people I have never met pop by to read and enjoy it, was like a tiny ray of sunshine in my life! So a huge thank you to Mandy at The Mandy Diaries (a blogger who writes with such exceptional honesty it takes my breath away) for the nomination and don’t forget to check out her blog.
The award is a simple way of bloggers reaching out and celebrating each other’s work and as a real newbie to all this, the simplicity and positivity behind the idea encapsulates what I love about the blogging world. It is an award that come with rules, but they seem designed to simply spread positivity and give other writers a proverbial pat on the back. Now that is a game I am happy to play.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them
So next up SEVEN facts about me:
- I am an Irish girl with a passion for travel. I have been fortunate to see a lot of the world but bemoan daily the fact that there is simply too much world and too little time for all I want to discover.
- I am a secondary school teacher and LOVE what I do. It is not without stress and some days are harder than others, but if you want a job that keeps you constantly on your toes, then work with teenagers.
- I am married to a man who grew up about 15 minutes away from me but who I only met when we were both adults and living on the opposite side of the world.
- As anyone who reads my blog will know I have a bit of an obsession with food. I like to read about it, talk about it and shop for it every bit as much as I like to cook it or consume it.
- I have a mortal but soon to be conquered (I hope) fear of hosting dinner parties and yet I want to be the perfect dinner party hostess so badly!!!
- I read every day of my life. Books, poetry, newspapers, magazines, anything really. Words are as intrinsic to me as breathing. When I don’t find time for stories I don’t sleep as well, work as well or smile as often.
- There are many things I would do in my impossible future but one would be start an online bespoke travel agency where I would design personalised itineraries for city breaks – a bit like the NYT 36 hours in series but catered specifically to your taste, interests and budget.
And now for my five nominees:
Take a look at what their lovely blogs have to offer.. have a great Monday xx